What's the most difficult part of doing a podcast?
It's starting itself. People who fail usually tried too hard to think of the perfect idea, the perfect guest, and the perfect script.
No, you don't need that. You need to start.
As a beginner, starting a podcast can seem overwhelming, but with the right ideas and tools, you can create content that resonates with your audience.
In this article, we’ll explore the 33 best podcast ideas for beginners that are both easy and effective.
Why podcast is a good start as a creator?
Not everybody is a good writer. Not everyone likes to be on camera.
Being a podcaster helps you skip the above hurdles that are not necessarily needed for you. Podcasts are meant to be easy to start.
As a creator, a podcast is a great way to showcase your expertise, share your opinions, and build your personal brand.
Why is a good podcast idea important for beginners?
When starting a podcast, it’s important to have simple and effective podcast ideas in place. Many beginners make the mistake of overcomplicating the process, which can lead to frustration and burnout. Starting with easy and effective ideas will allow you to build momentum, gain confidence, and develop your skills as a podcaster.
Top 3 podcast ideas for beginners
- Guest Interview: Conduct interviews with experts in your niche. This can be an excellent way to build your network, learn from others, and share valuable insights with your audience.
- Solo Show: Who says it's easy to find a guest? I personally suggest doing a solo show first. Try it out, run through the whole cycle once, so you won't face embarrassment when you are with the guest. This can be an effective way to showcase your expertise and build a personal brand.
- How-To Series: You don't have to be an expert, share what you think is useful to the audience, and a how-to series is a good start! This can be a great way to provide value to your listeners and establish yourself as an authority in your niche.
🤯 Wait, but how do I upload my content on the Internet?
There are 2 ways:
- The Traditional Way - use an RSS feed with a monthly subscription plan (prices vary from provider to provider) to various platforms to upload your audio. Then, submit your podcast to streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Podcast.
- The Modern Way (especially suitable for beginners): Upload audio directly onto social media like Instagram or Youtube via audiogram videos with tools such as Jupitrr. It is easier to gain the early momentum of having your small group of audience too. Think about it, who would listen to your hour-long podcast that is on Spotify? (even if you are lucky to get approved)
Jupitrr is an online tool designed for podcasters to upload audio onto social media. Here’s how you can get started on Jupitrr.com in three easy steps:
Step 1: Sign up for a free account on Jupitrr.com.
Step 2: Choose a podcast idea from the list below or come up with your own, and make a voice recording. If it's your first time, try using your phone in a quiet environment.
Step 3: Proceed edit, and publish your podcast.
We have a free plan for you to make videos in under 10 minutes, 🪄click this link and try it out now!
30 other podcast ideas for beginners
Of course, the best way is to talk about topics that you are comfortable with, familiar with, or even good at. Here are 20 podcast ideas for your brainstorming!
- Personal Storytelling: Share your personal experiences and stories with your audience.
- Personal Development: Discuss personal development and self-improvement, and provide valuable tips and insights.
- Book Club: Host a podcast where you and your guests discuss a new book each week.
- Q&A Show: Answer questions from your listeners and provide valuable advice and insights.
- Pop Culture Commentary: Discuss the latest trends, memes, and pop culture news.
- Movie Review: Review and discuss the latest movies and TV shows.
- Sports Analysis: Analyze and break down the latest sports games and events.
- Food and Drink: Talk about the latest trends and news in the world of food and drink.
- Parenting: Discuss parenting tips, advice, and experiences with your audience.
- Science and Technology: Cover the latest advancements and trends in science and technology.
- Gaming: Talk about the latest games, trends, and news in the gaming industry.
- Relationships: Discuss relationship issues, tips, and advice.
- Entrepreneurship: Talk about entrepreneurship, startups, and business strategies.
- Mental Health: Cover mental health topics and provide insights and tips for improving mental well-being.
- Environment and Sustainability: Discuss environmental issues and sustainability practices.
- Fashion and Beauty: Discuss the latest fashion and beauty trends and news.
- Sports History: Explore the history of sports and its evolution over time.
- Faith and Spirituality: Discuss faith, spirituality, and religion, and explore different beliefs and practices.
- Business Insights: Share your business insights and tips with your audience.
- Health and Wellness: Discuss the latest health and wellness trends and provide valuable insights and advice.
- News Roundup: Create a podcast that covers the latest news and events in your industry.
- Travelogue: Share your travel experiences and provide recommendations for your listeners.
- Technology: Discuss the latest gadgets, software, and trends in the world of technology.
- Comedy Show: Create a humorous podcast that makes your audience laugh.
- True Crime: Cover true crime stories and cases in-depth.
- Philosophy: Discuss and explore different philosophical ideas and concepts.
- History: Discuss historical events and figures, and their relevance in today's world.
- Culture and Society: Talk about different cultures and societies around the world, and explore their traditions and customs.
- Music: Discuss the latest music releases and trends in the music industry.
- Politics: Cover political news and events, and provide insights and analysis.
Create a Podcast with Podcast Ideas Above NOW!
To sum up, the easiest way for a beginner to start a podcast is to
- Find a good podcast idea
- Upload audio directly on social media via audiogram videos
- Make a cup of coffee and enjoy the results ☕️
Before we end, remember, the most important thing is to be authentic, have fun, and provide value to your listeners. Good luck podcasting!